Ryan P. Ruggerello, Partner
Ryan Ruggerello's practice is concentrated in all facets of civil litigation and trial, with a focus on corporate defense.
Ryan’s experience includes defending manufacturers at both the national and local levels for product liability matters involving a wide range of products including motor vehicles, motorcycles, pool and spa equipment, marine and recreational products, construction equipment, and medical devices. He has successfully defended clients in complex litigation involving catastrophic injury and wrongful death. Ryan has provided legal advice to manufacturers regarding the development of product warranties, product warnings, and federal and state regulatory compliance. He also served as national discovery counsel.
In his practice Ryan has represented clients in a broad range of personal and commercial litigation matters, including those involving trust and estates, business-related torts, insurance defense, breach of contract and warranty.
Representative Presentations & Publications
· What Can a Manufacturer Do? The Reference Point, A Marine Industry Standards and Technical Education Journal (Winter 2008)
· Dominguez v. American Suzuki: California Court of Appeal decision denying pre-litigation attorneys' fees, Speaker, LLDCA Annual Seminar (2008)
· Pre-litigation Claims Management, Panel Discussion Leader, LLDCA Annual Seminar (2008, 2010, and 2012)
· Preparing a Defense for the Sports Medicine Practitioner, Speaker, National Summit on Sports Concussion and Other Athletic Injuries (2011)
· Snell & Wilmer L.L.P. (2003-2010)
· Callahan, McCune & Willis, LLP (1999-2003)
· Defense Research Institute
· American, California and Orange County Bar Associations
University of San Diego School of Law
Phi Delta Phi
San Diego International Law Journal,
Institute on International and Comparative Law, Dublin, Ireland (1999)
University of California, Irvine
(B.A., Criminology, Law and Society, 1998)
Dean’s Honor List
Supreme Court of California
U.S. District Court, Southern and Central Districts of California